Because the reasons for why we’re all “pretentious” and “special snowflakes” and “fakes” are always the same damn thing.
You’re really just bisexual! But I’m not! And you know why I’m not? Because I don’t feel as though that word fits the definition that I have for my sexuality and because of that I don’t feel comfortable using that term.
You just hate all bisexuals, then! You think you’re better than them! Again, no. I think that people should be able to identify as whatever the fuck they feel the most comfortable with and if someone IDs as bisexual, then more power to them. It just so happens that the term that they feels fits them is not the same term that I feel most fits me.
You just want attention! Because I’m totally screaming from the rooftops about my sexual orientation and of course, every single thing that I’ve ever posted on tumblr is in relation to my pansexuality and because anything more than locking myself in a closet is obviously me being totes obnoxious about myself, right?
Pansexual is a new word and therefore, it must be fake! There’s this whole thing about how language evolves and grows and how every word was a new word at some point, but I am not an etymologist and I really don’t think I could go into more detail about why this point is bullshit even if I wanted to.
Pan means all, so you must want to fuck ALL THE THINGS! Pan meaning all. Sexuality meaning human sexuality. Pansexuality meaning the capability of being attracted to people of all sexes and gender identities. I assure you, I will not be showing up at your door any time soon to ask your kitchen-wear if it wants to take a trip up to Motel 6.
Identifying as pansexual is cissexist because it denies that trans* people are real men and real women! An example of this point being made is this: someone defines pansexuality as being defined as “being attracted to men, women, and everyone else” and the person who is making the point takes the “everyone else” and assumes that by “men and women”, they meant cis men and women and that “everyone else” meant trans men and women. The thing that this point completely fails to see, almost all of the time that I’ve seen it made, is the fact that there are people who do not identify as either a man or a woman.
Pansexuality is a political statement! I…don’t even think that I understand this point? I can say that, yes, the fact that my gender identity is inclusive in the definition and the fact that pansexuality rejects the gender binary do make me more comfortable with the term, but are those the sole reasons that I identify as pansexual? No, they’re not. It makes me like the term more, yes, but it doesn’t change the fact that the term fits what I define my sexuality as to begin with. Other than that, if I’m way off-base and am missing the idea behind what political statement ID’ing as pansexual gives…then I have no clue what it could be referring to. 0_o
And…that’s really it, for now at least. I’m sure there’s more, but anyway.
TL;DR - I identify as pansexual, because I feel that it is the word that most fits my sexuality. I don’t identify as that because I think I’m better than anyone else or because I want to be a “special snowflake”. I identify as it because it is what I am and that identity is just as valid and just as real as anyone else’s.
- outtonightandforever likes this
- eclectisms reblogged this from theraptorwhomurderedlove
- i-raised-you--from-perdition reblogged this from theraptorwhomurderedlove
- wastelandwonder reblogged this from theraptorwhomurderedlove
- whovian-academy reblogged this from theraptorwhomurderedlove
- doctor-nataline-is-in likes this
- auroramere likes this
- alphametics reblogged this from cynassa
- solomongrundies reblogged this from cynassa
- solomongrundies likes this
- zira-the-insane reblogged this from cynassa
- heart-of-a-trickster reblogged this from cynassa
- amayakumiko reblogged this from cynassa
- team-free-butts likes this
- cynassa reblogged this from theraptorwhomurderedlove
- gollums-turquoise-eyes reblogged this from theraptorwhomurderedlove
- gollums-turquoise-eyes likes this
- insufferableemokid likes this
- quicksomethingwitty reblogged this from theraptorwhomurderedlove
- agentrayepenber likes this
- the--dark--abyss--in--my--head reblogged this from theraptorwhomurderedlove
- a-tad-bit-strange reblogged this from theraptorwhomurderedlove
- slut-luv reblogged this from theraptorwhomurderedlove
- my-insomniac-mind reblogged this from theraptorwhomurderedlove
- my-insomniac-mind likes this
- mentallyonthemoon likes this
- justtrynnafindsomecolor likes this
- justtrynnafindsomecolor reblogged this from theraptorwhomurderedlove
- greekluvin reblogged this from theraptorwhomurderedlove
- iam-freeinthisworld reblogged this from theraptorwhomurderedlove
- iam-freeinthisworld likes this
- bigredglasses likes this
- dreamlessabyss likes this
- heartlessqueen likes this
- righteous-anger likes this
- theinquisitivehatter likes this
- heylookitsliz reblogged this from theraptorwhomurderedlove and added:
- wake-up-sleepy-head likes this
- julesmotherfuckingverne likes this
- deannatroi likes this
- detectivebuttcop reblogged this from pineypalooza and added:
- pineypalooza likes this
- pineypalooza reblogged this from theraptorwhomurderedlove
- gobbldygook likes this
- kaake likes this
- bloodybint likes this
- saviormade reblogged this from theraptorwhomurderedlove and added:
- impossibleastronaut likes this
- indi-the-scary-thing reblogged this from theraptorwhomurderedlove